IPAKeys provides a keyboard with letters and symbols of the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA, revised version of 2018). With the IPA keyboard you can type
- Letters for consonants and vowels,
- Diacritics for phonetic details,
- Suprasegmentals for prosodic information,
- Brackets used to set off IPA transcriptions.
The arrangement and grouping of the keys reflect the usual grouping and arrangement of their corresponding phones. If applicable, as the keys of the keyboards provided by the system do, keys of the IPA keyboard reveal more characters and symbols when pressed and hold.
IPAKeys is available on the App Store.
I design my software following the principle to only collect, process, and store data that is actually needed for the software to serve its purpose. No single bit more than that. In German, the name of this principle is "Datensparsamkeit." A literal translation of this word is "data thrift".
In effect, this means:
- IPAKeys has no user accounts. IPAKeys will not ask you for personal data.
- Data you enter in the IPAKeys app will not leave the app. In case of the provided keyboards, the characters you type will be passed to the operating system which will process them in order, for example, to insert them into a text field.
- No personal data is collected or processed.
- No user tracking of any kind is used.